Saturday, January 30, 2010

Brain Fell in Love Today

 Today Brain has gone head over heals in love with Google Sketchup. We've been using sketchup for a bit over a year now, but today I got Pro and I have been for the past 2 months working on Sketchup daily for at least 8 hours. I also skimmed through Google Sketchup for Dummies, and again, so much love for Sketchup!
I'm no pro, yet, but I would not mind spending the rest of my career on Sketchup. However, not modeling someone else's projects, mind you.

The more I thought about the more I realized how much my love for all things Google is unparalleled. I mean, I love my iPod, I love my Firefox, I love my Photoshop, but Googleverse PWNS all else.

Sketchup, obviously, allows me to make awesome things and make normal things look awesome.

Google Chrome is clean and has the incognito option, and chrome experiments are the best way to pass the time when one gets bored with Peggle and Chuzzle and Tumblebugs, in the rare occasion that this might happen.

Google Earth lets me stalk people travel all around the world without the degrading process of getting a visa. Also, they finally updated the maps of Lebanon and my new car is there. Seriously, though, I figured out how to get to our hotel in Paris last year on Google Earth/Maps in 2 minutes while I spent half an hour on the hotel's website and nothing made sense (and not because it was in French).

Google translate helps me write my Spanish homework and helps me sound like I am better at it that I really am. It also helped me today decode the Russian "Read Me" file that I got with my installation package.

Google Search is the easiest way to find po... anything I want, anywhere I want in the whole cyber world, everything about absolutely anything, and anything about everything. I actually found a recipe for Horra' Osba'o. Haven't heard of it? Of course you have not, it is one of the most obscure foods you can imagine.

And ofcourse there's gmail, blogger, google docs, google calendar, google wave, etc... etc...

So I hereby declare that if ever Google decided to become it's own political entity I will back it up 100%. I will vote for Google, and will protest for Google, I will attend Google rallies, I will proudly hold a Google citizenship and wave a Google. I'll even root for Google in the World Cup.

A little overboard? Maybe... but people have done much stupider things in the name of love (for example, see Lost s5 finale. Nuclear bomb. Mass murder. Saying "no" to tea with Rose and Bernard. *gasp*)

 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOO, the other day I said that if Google ruled the world, I would be overjoyed. Then I changed that and said that if Google decided to colonize my country I will personally sweep the street for them. Imagine the order, the beauty, and the total awesomeness.

But, I was terribly disappointed that you didn't talk about Gmail, just mentioned it. I am SORRY but gmail changes the theme according to the weather. So tops all in awesomeness. Other than reminding me to attach attachments, saving me from imail, and being unbelievably unarguably the single most thing that kept me alive through this past week.